The NASA Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Framework is designed to develop and sustain organizational environments Agency-wide that fully realize individual potentials and make optimal use of our differing backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences to help achieve mission success. More specifically, the NASA D&I Framework is intended to:
- Fully integrate diversity and inclusion into the strategic decision-making of the Agency to enhance organizational effectiveness, help achieve mission goals and meet the challenges that lie ahead.
- Maximize individual potential and productivity Agency-wide by utilizing and expanding workforce talents, skills, and opportunities.
The NASA D&I Framework is founded on the support and active involvement of NASA senior leadership, and functions through a strategic partnership with Agency and Center stakeholders, such as the Offices of Human Capital Management, Education, and the Center EO Offices and Diversity Managers.
The NASA Framework is based on the following recognized D&I principles:
- Demonstrated Leadership Commitment
- Employee Engagement and Effective Communication
- Continuous Education, Awareness and Skills Development
- Demonstrated Commitment to Community Partnerships
- Shared Accountability and Responsibility for Diversity and Inclusion
- Effective Measurement of Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
The NASA D&I Framework provides the Agency and NASA Centers with a solid foundation for developing and managing D&I strategies and initiatives at the Agency and Center levels, as well as putting in place a model structure to provide assistance to the Centers in furtherance of their D&I efforts.